Subscribe to Open City Hall
Open City Hall is an online forum for civic engagement. Read what others are saying about important Lake Oswego topics, then post your own statement. City officials will read the statements and incorporate them into their decision process.
When you post your first statement, you will be asked for your name and home address. This confidential information is only used to identify statements from residents in and near Lake Oswego - so that users know which statements are from local residents.
As with any public comment process, participation in Open City Hall is voluntary; city officials will consider input from this forum along with all other channels for participation. However you choose to participate, thanks for helping us build a better Lake Oswego.
What reaction and thoughts do you have about the City Council's 2013 Action Plan? What are the highest priority items?
Who is listening?
Who is listening?
City Manager Tom Coffee
Who is listening?
Assistant City Manager David Donaldson
Who is listening?5,343 people have read Open City Hall here in Lake Oswego
Who is listening?To date, 366 people have read this topic
Who is giving feedback?68 people wrote or supported statements. That's 3.4 hours of public comment @ three minutes per statement.
This is the 2nd of two topics for the Town Hall. If you want to generally speak to the Council, talk about budget or services go to: http://www.peakdemocracy.com/1160. The question below concerns the Council Action Plan and prioritzation of items in that Plan.
Update - The City Council was provided print outs of the input provided prior to February 12 and 21. Due to citizen requests, this question has been left open and will close on February 27. The City Council will meet on March 5 to adopt their Action Plan.
The Lake Oswego City Council developed their Preliminary 2013 Action Plan and would like input into these concepts. Please prioritize the Action Items by clicking on Post below and placing the items in order of importance from highest to lowest. Note - if you do not prioritize the order, your submission will indicate that your support the priority order of the list as provided.
On top of prioritizing the order, there is opportunity to provide written input to address these questions:
- Is this the right list of items for the Council to act on in 2013?
- What action do you see in each of these?
- What would make it clear that the Council and City have been successful in accomplishing each action item?
- If not, how should it be different?
Thank you for prioritizing the action items and for providing your written comments in response to the preliminary 2013 Action Plan.
Preliminary Action Plan
- Finish the Comprehensive Plan Update including the Transportation System Plan.
- Determine the future of the WEB property including if a new Police/LOCOM facility should go on any part of the site
- Facilities Strategy (South Shore Fire Station & Maintenance)
- Move forward on Lake Grove Plan/Boones Ferry Design and Construction (value engineer project)
- Decide future of North Anchor (LORA)
- Review Lake Oswego-Tigard Water Project
- Resolve Sensitive Lands
- Street Maintenance, Bike and Pedestrian Safety, and Pot Hole Paving
- Evaluate Tree Code
- Make City more Business-friendly
Note - the above order will be your priority order submission if you do not readjust the priorities.
After getting input, the Council will further discuss them, add measurable outcomes, and adopt the Action Plan in February or March. The Action Plan will be used to develop the Council agendas for 2013 and also the budget for next fiscal year.
The City Council is also hosting a Town Hall on February 12, 2013, at 7:00 in the Council Chambers. For more information please go to http://www.ci.oswego.or.us/citycouncil/city-council-town-hall-meeting.